Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pinterest Inspired DIY Chalkboard Cookie Jar for Father's Day


I'm a little bit of a Pinterest abuser. I love it and I find myself skimming through all the pins whenever I find a moment to myself.

What I love about it is that it helps me plan for everything in my life: dinner, decorating, organizing, holidays, vacations, and of course gifts.

My husband is not too keen on me spending a lot of money on him for father's day. He doesn't view it as a holiday that requires gifts, which is something that I really appreciate about him. 

But I wanted to make the day special. And since he has been nagging me to buy a cookie jar, when I found this pin, I knew exactly what I could make for him.


Picture originally from Pinterest and Mom Advice 


This project is from Mom Advice. She has an excellent tutorial so if you're interested in trying it yourself head on over to her site! Plus, she has a template if you want to do your chalkboard like hers. 

Mom Advice did her cookie jar with a conversation bubble, as you can see in her post or in my interest pin.

But I wanted to do something a little different, make it my own... err, I mean, make it my husband's... 

My husband grew up in the suburbs of Chicago so he, of course, is a big Cubs fan. So I decided to make my chalkboard a cub.





So if you would like to try this craft all you need is: 


1 Gallon Cookie Jar (over by the jars in the kitchen section)- $7.44
Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint (in the home improvement section)- $3.97
Avery Removable Wall & Window Signage Sheets (over by the office supplies)- $9.97 for 5 sheets
16 count chalk (in office supplies)- $.47
Scissors (in your craft supplies)
1 sheet of heavy cardstock (in your craft supplies)
*cited from Mom Advice

I also used a chalk pen instead of chalk. Brought back my days of drawing on the boards while I worked as a barista at Starbucks. 

Oh, and how I love chalkboard paint!

I see a lot more crafting with chalkboard paint in the future!





And here's the final product:





Now all I need to do is make the cookies!

Hope you all had an amazing Father's Day!

xo
bear's mom

P.S. Follow me on Pinterest: Jackie - Bear's Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment